Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 18:16:33 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:

> It is alleged that Thomas Dickey once typed:
> > On Sun, 11 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:
> > > It is alleged that Thomas Dickey once typed:
> [snip]
> > Quick look (will have more time later today) shows a problem with the
> > ifdef's.  Just reading the headers looks like -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 should
> > work (otherwise most of netinet/in.h is ifdef'd out).  But it doesn't
> > work, so I'm not reading it right.
>
> Done a little bit more debugging and removing "-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500"
> get's rid of the undifrend errors, however it still doen't work.
> Now failing at
>
> ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libcurses.so is not used for resolving
> any symbol.
> configure:13196: checking working getaddrinfo
> configure:13284: gcc -mabi=n32 -o conftest -I/usr/freeware/include
> -mabi=n32   c
> onftest.c -lcurses   1>&5
> ld32: WARNING 84: /usr/lib32/libcurses.so is not used for resolving
> any symbol.
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 13205 "configure"

Those ifdef's are a jungle.  (I've been working most of today on the core
dump, so I don't expect to return to this one today).  The _XOPEN_SOURCE
definition is needed for some other things, but then there's
vendor-specific stuff - I noticed a __SGI_ABI (spelling?)  which might be
useful to prop it up.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net