Re: lynx-dev Question about WHEREIS

From: Frédéric L . W . Meunier
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Question about WHEREIS
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:16:58 -0200 (BRST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
>
> > http://www.navenet.com/lista/ver_preco.asp
> >
> > Do a search for "asrock" while it's loading the page.
> >
> > You get "Nave Informática - Lista de preço (p92 of 229)"
> > "49663  MB K7 ASROCK K7S8X SOM/LAN"
> >
> > But you want to continue the search, again while it's loading
> > the page.
> >
> > It only returns
> >
> > "Nave Informática - Lista de preço (p104 of 229)"
> > "38910  MB P4 ASROCK M266 S478 S/V/F/R"
> >
> > after it loads the whole page.
> >
> > Is it supposed to work while loading the page ?
>
> I think so.  But it loads too quickly for me to test on that.  (I used to
> test similar stuff with tin by using a server that I'd modified to slow
> it down).

Were you able to reproduce it ? I can with any document on
Linux, FreeBSD, and Cygwin.

Other 2 things:

1- lynx --version returns

See http://www.moxienet.com/lynx/ for information about SSL for
Lynx.

OK, it changed to http://www.mentovai.com/lynx/ , but pointing
to README.ssl and README.sslcerts in

src/LYMain.c:    printf("See http://www.moxienet.com/lynx/ for information
about SSL for Lynx.\n");

may be better.

And why aren't those files installed by install-doc (at least
when --with-ssl is used) ?

2- Use
http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/MetaIndex.html

in

lynx.cfg:DEFAULT_INDEX_FILE:http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/MetaIndex.html
userdefs.h:#define DEFAULT_INDEX_FILE
"http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/MetaIndex.html";

Anyway, it isn't maintained: Last Mod: Wed, 07 Jun 2000
20:18:50 GMT

and has various broken links. Is there a better place ? Use
something in lynx.isc.org ? Get rid of that 'I' option ?

--
http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html