Re: lynx-dev Question about WHEREIS

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Question about WHEREIS
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 08:39:17 +0000 (GMT)

> I thought "KB" was standard.

I think there was a lost cause to try to standardise on something like
Ki for 1024, but it is never going to work given that no marketing
person seems to know the difference between K and k, M and M, or B and
b, and, nowadays, a lot of programmers don't seem to either.

KB as 1024 * 8 bits has been industry standard for more than 30 years.

I would vote against Ki as it will simply cause confusion.