Re: lynx-dev Prefixes (was: Re: Question about WHEREIS)

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Prefixes (was: Re: Question about WHEREIS)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 20:35:29 +0900

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 05:48:44AM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> for the moment, the only reasonable solution is to make the multiplier
> in the code agree with the message, i.e., make it "1000" rather than
> "1024".  The message is localized; I'm not going to change that.

It's your call, but I sure wish you'd re-consider a change, even if
it means a glitch in the English default.  If it's localized, then the
translators (not so many) can make the correction, if they haven't done
so already.  Also, I wonder how many translators are lazy like me, and
just leave msgstr blank in cases like that.  Thus if you correct the
gettexted abbreviation, it might end up correcting some of the message
catalogs.  If it turns out that most Lynx users prefer, or expect, "1024",
then the release will end up being wrong _in their eyes_.

--
__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999