Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:25:44 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:

> Just trying pre2
> seems fine on openbsd, but still having problems with ipv6 on IRIX
> 6.5.19m, using gcc on an 02.
>
> I'm using --enable-ipv6 and get:
> checking whether to enable ipv6... yes
> checking ipv6 stack type... linux-libinet6
> checking for IPv6 library if required... inet6
> checking for getaddrinfo... yes
> checking working getaddrinfo... no
> configure: error: You must get working getaddrinfo() function,
> or you can specify --disable-ipv6

There's a fairly length test-program in the script.  I did notice that AIX
4.x failed the getaddrinfo() test (though it compiled).  Perhaps this is a
similar case.  You can probably extract that from the script and (using
the generated header in the current directory) compile it & see if you
get a similar result.

I was able to configure/compile on IRIX 6.5something (there was a lynx
coding error that I was debugging on that platform last night).  So
in principle it should work...

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net