Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.5dev.17
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 19:30:24 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> It is alleged that Thomas Dickey once typed:
> > On Tue, 20 Jan 2004, RobertM wrote:
> [snip]
> > There's a fairly length test-program in the script.  I did notice that AIX
> > 4.x failed the getaddrinfo() test (though it compiled).  Perhaps this is a
> > similar case.  You can probably extract that from the script and (using
> > the generated header in the current directory) compile it & see if you
> > get a similar result.
>
> The test program does compile, but gives an exit value of 1.
> editing the configure script so that that test always passes lynx
> compiles and seems to be IPV6 enabled. Will do some more checking, to
> make sure.
>
> > I was able to configure/compile on IRIX 6.5something (there was a lynx
> > coding error that I was debugging on that platform last night).  So
> > in principle it should work...
>
> At the moment it looks like an issue with that particular test.

Perhaps the test is too restrictive - it was failing in the case I saw
because

     if ((gaierr = getaddrinfo(NULL, "54321", &hints, &aitop)) != 0) {

appeared to not like something related to the host.  The corresponding
error code in the header files appears to be this:

        #define EAI_NODATA 7 /* No address associated with NAME.  */

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net