lynx-dev LYNX: how to bookmark a google-search-results-page? (via "="'s

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev LYNX: how to bookmark a google-search-results-page? (via "="'s link-to? Won't allow!)
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:29:52 -0500

Suppose I've submitted a google-search, and WOW!, man
has that found a trove of wonderful links!

OOPS -- I'm being called down to dinner out -- gotta
go, gotta get off the net, shut down lynx, etc --

BUT -- when I come back, maybe even after the weekend
is over -- then, I really want to revisit this stuff.

And I want to do that by remembering the site (well,
the long, complex google search-string I submitted to
google) -- and I want to do that via a BOOKMARK.

-------

QUESTION: How to bookmark a google-search, for repeating
at a later date?

Idea-1: Ah ha -- I'll bookmark the "=" page, and say
"link" it asks me "page or link?".

Nope, cannot do, that page is plain ascii-text, no links there!

  SUGGESTION: turn that page into one with LINKS?

Idea-2: The history-page, since it *is* HTML and *does*
have links.

   NOPE -- Lynx, for some reason, who knows what,
           won't *let* you execute the "a" key on it.

Idea-3: the "V" page, which also is via html, and
           also does have links.

   HOORAY!  -- it lets me to it.

-----

SUGGESTION: Change the hist-page so it works the same way,
   ie lets me add bookmarks via its links.

SUGGESTION: *DOCUMENT* this somewhere, so the *user* can
   learn this "trick" (bookmarking indirectly via a back-link
   from a subsequent (V or History pages, or if you fix  & allow
   it, the "=" page too).

THANKS,

David