lynx-dev Wishlist: EMBEDs as links

From: gilmap
Subject: lynx-dev Wishlist: EMBEDs as links
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:52:58 -0700 (MST)

I find I can deal with some EMBED objects by '\' viewing source, then
editing a URL, (V)iewing history, and (d)ownloading.  Would it be useful
if the "show links for all images" setting also showed EMBEDs as links?
I realize there are some obstacles:

o Some (but not all) EMBEDs stream.  Lynx can't handle streaming (yet).

o EMBEDs appear to incorporate the Content-type in the anchor rather than
  in a MIME header.  Frequently a HEAD request for an EMBED URL returns
  simply text/plain.  Ugh.

But some resources might yet usefully be fetched by Lynx from EMBED URLs.

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL