Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Thomas Dickey
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 17:46:01 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> Supposedly, if you are not a member of lynx-dev, attempted posts to
> lynx-dev will be reviewed and forwarded to the list if appropriate.
> I don't know, however, who is taking the time to wade through all
> the spam to find an occasional legitimate post from a non-member. I
> suspect that most of them are getting lost.

I gather that on savannah they're using spamassassin.  However, the lists
can still be moderated.  bug-ncurses is moderated, and gets a handful of
items each day to filter out.  autoconf and automake apparently aren't -
and I have to reenable my subscription to each about once a week (whenever
there's spam that gets onto the list).  So if we go that way, the list
does need a moderator.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net