Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Thomas Dickey
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 18:14:38 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

> I don't know if you received
> http://www.flora.org/lynx-dev/html/month022004/msg00086.html ,
> but it was addressed to lynx-dev. Gmane doesn't have it
> archived.

I saw it on radix.net.  I'm subscribed from his.com and radix.net - with
the former I wouldn't notice since it would be in the spam trap that I -
mostly - empty each day.  radix.net does some filtering, but I do get
several urgent messages from M$ a day.  On the other hand, his.com's
filters let a 409-scams through each day.  Even after deleting things, I'm
getting ~100 emails a day.

> > bug-ncurses is moderated, and gets a handful of items each
> > day to filter out.  autoconf and automake apparently aren't -
> > and I have to reenable my subscription to each about once a
> > week (whenever there's spam that gets onto the list).  So if
> > we go that way, the list does need a moderator.
>
> It needs at least 3 moderators, so we don't have problems if
> one or two go out for days, weeks...

yes (I don't tend to go anywhere for long any more - too much email ;-)

> I'm willing to be one. I'm one of smartmontools and a few
> others. I recovered my Savannah password and used a form asking
> Bob to join the project (just in case he isn't following
> lynx-dev and his e-mail isn't valid).

I wouldn't mind helping with it, but wouldn't want to be the only one.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net