Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Henry Nelson
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 12:29:18 +0900

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 08:05:02PM -0200, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > On Wed, 4 Feb 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> > lynx-dev is a majordomo list - I see to recall that its subscriber
> > list is available.
>
> Yes, but for who ?

Anyone who is subscribed.  I pulled it down ("who lynx-dev") just now.
There are "141 subscribers".  [Wow!  The numbers sure have dwindled.]

> > the mailing list seems to need some work.

What problems are there?  It seems like a very standard Majordomo list.
As very busy as he is, I believe Bob Izenberg does a tremendous job
(totally volunteer and unpaid) in maintaining the list.  I have seen no
spam, and until this latest rash of virus garbage, which is so random in
nature as to make it extremely difficult to filter reliably, there has
been simply nil junk hitting the list.

Are people having trouble subscribing?  Please try one more time:

   address your mail to: "address@hidden"
   put one single command in the body of the mail: "subscribe lynx-dev"

If your connection is any good, within seconds you should get a
confirmation e-mail which will ask you to authorize the subscription.
Send back (reply) the authorization command exactly as presented.

If you are not willing to subscribe, then you're going to have to expect
delays.  Please subscribe as it saves a human being countless hours of
fruitless maintenance monotony.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999