Re: mailing-list problem (Was Re: lynx-dev What happened to MINGW patch?

From: Henry Nelson
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 17:21:50 +0900

On Thu, Feb 05, 2004 at 04:11:50AM -0200, Frédéric L. W. Meunier wrote:
> 'About Lynx-Dev' states:
>
> "Messages from non-subscribers are not immediately distributed
> to avoid spam. Usually, if your message appears genuine, it

_Under the present circumstances_ (existence by the grace of sig.net,
and no steady/reliable group of volunteers to moderate), this should be
rewritten to require subscription, IMO.  Actually, I'd hope for such a
change in the new release.

> 8- This is the third and last time I take place on a thread
> about a possible move. Hope we do :-)

Whether "we" move or not probably depends nearly entirely on you.  Someone
just has to take the reins and do it.

I don't understand why you say "last time I take place on a thread ...".
You seem to want a move more than anyone.  If you really do want the
move, then do it.  Tom has said he wouldn't mind and would give a little
help.  It's a big, big job.  You'll have to ask yourself whether you
really want to take it on.  It's a commitment in terms of years, not one
or two months.  (I for one believe Lynx will last a few more years!)  With
only a 140+ members on the list now, I fear you may have trouble recruiting
volunteers to do monitor/maintenance work.  I see no one other than you
raising their hand.

Bob reiterated his stance that he'd welcome a change to give lynx-dev
greater stability, and that he would aid in whatever manner he could to
make the move go smoothly.

--
__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999