Re: lynx-dev Possible bug report - content type

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Possible bug report - content type
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 07:55:06 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 12:04:23AM -0800, Doug Kaufman wrote:
> > I have found either a bug in lynx or a potential for improving error
> > recovery. I tried to go to "http://sourceforge.jp/projects/lha/";, but
> > lynx won't display the page (offers to download instead), since the
> > content type shows as "text/html; charset=euc-jp", apparently not
>
> Not sure what Lynx is supposed to do when a page has multibyte characters
> and your display is not set to handle it.  Lynx renders the page for me
> okay.  What happens if you set your display character set to Japanese
> (EUC-JP) or toggle into CJK mode, `@'?

On other Japanese pages, I get garbage characters where the Japanese
should be. On this page, I can't display it at all. Switching to raw
mode or toggling into CJK mode doesn't change anything. If I set the
display character set to euc-jp, shift-jis, or transparent, then
it displays OK (like other Japanese web pages). For example, I can
display the following page without problems with my usual settings
(display charset=cp437):
"http://www2m.biglobe.ne.jp/~dolphin/lha/lha.htm";

That site has content type "text/html". I think that the charset
appended to the content-type is causing the problem.
                         Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden