Re: lynx-dev sugg: add version and date to "?"-page (ver/date of lynx AN

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: lynx-dev sugg: add version and date to "?"-page (ver/date of lynx AND users-guide)
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 08:49:28 +0900

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 10:48:09AM -0500, David Combs wrote:
> Here's the "="-page:
[...]
>               Lynx 2.8.4rel.1 (17 Jul 2001) ([1]latest release)
[...]
> As far as I can tell, this is the only, or almost
> the only, way to get the version-no from a running
> lynx.
>
> Suggestion: add it to the "?" page.

Please, no.  The H)elp page is cluttered enough.

The Lynx version number is _at least_ available at the top of the
P)rint and O)ption pages.  >= three keys ought to be enough.

--
__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999