[Lynx-dev] content-type viewing

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: [Lynx-dev] content-type viewing
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 18:54:30 -0800

[my first post to new list; had to use web site to confirm sub]
[third attempt to post here; now eliminating 'non' from gnu]

Is there some way to increase the repertoire of content-types that Lynx will display via HTTP? Currently, I have to save a file to disk in order to view it, which is a time-wasting hassle.

JavaScript files and certain charsets are what Lynx refuses to display via http, yet displays perfectly fine if I 1)view source 2)print to file 3)open file.

What's the answer?

thanks,
-Walter
 Walter Ian Kaye, San Francisco, CA   | Macintosh Scripter, Web Developer,
 http://www.natural-innovations.com/  | Inventor, Guitarist, Songwriter,
                                      | Actor, and Whole Grain Baker
 (())  ascii ribbon campaign:
  XX   just say no to HTML/RTF in email and usenet
 //\\  and no to Web sites that do not fully support Lynx