Re: [Lynx-dev] "warning: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format func

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "warning: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function type"
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 14:32:51 +0900

On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 07:10:38PM -0500, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Henry Nelson wrote:

Tom's "post" came into my personal mail account.  While my system is new
enough that I picked it up, in the [near] future uninvited mail to this
account will go to /dev/null.  It's the only way to fight spam these days.

I suspect this has to do with what Bob said in a recent mail, "set it to
allow the poster's address to show up instead of the list's".  While it's
really the way a list should be set up, regular users of lynx-dev need to
be informed what is happening and the implications it will have.  It's
different from the way things have always been on address@hidden

To give mutt as an example, most lynx-dev users will want to hit 'L' rather
than 'r', as they may have in the past.

> > I've been getting a lot of those "bug in NetBSD's header files" lately.
> > (Hit harder in ISC's dhcpd.)  The file triggering the warning is locally
> > installed, however (slang.h).  Still a problem with NetBSD?
>
> Perhaps.  I haven't encountered this particular one, so it was just a
> guess.  It might be a stray #define in one of NetBSD's headers, slang's
> or the libiconv.
         ^^^^^^^^
Were you meaning "libintl.h"?  On my system "libintl.h" is the only header
file under either /usr/include or /usr/local/include that has that define:
        % cat libintl.h | grep libintl_printf
        #define printf libintl_printf

This is getting a bit off topic (but what the heck we may as well exercise
this list to help iron out the wrinkles), but how would I go about looking
for "a stray #define"?  IIRC, all of the header files calling other header
files up to "slang.h" were Lynx header files.  If I find a "stray" (not sure
what that means) define, what do I do; just delete it (from which file)?

> > I thought "cur" was "dev.x".  Means there is no lynx2.8.6dev.1?
>
> yes - I made some fixes before the mailing list went awry, and since
[...]
> be nice to have the mailing list moved before dev.1

Agree 100%.  Let's just try to hang low for a while and be patient.  Seems
Bob is doing his best.

One thing I didn't understand is, are "nongnu" and "Savannah" different
entities?  I thought before I got bumped off that we were going to
"Savannah", but all I've seen since the end of February was "(non)gnu.org".

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999