Re: [Lynx-dev] "warning: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format func

From: Bob Izenberg
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] "warning: `libintl_printf' is an unrecognized format function type"
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 00:54:19 -0600

Henry Nelson wrote:

I suspect this has to do with what Bob said in a recent mail, "set it to
allow the poster's address to show up instead of the list's".

That feature (posting addresses are not re-written) has been turned on for a few days, yes. While it's a change, it's "safer" when the whole "gnu.org or nongnu.org" issue has caused some breakage (mis-configuration) at the mail admin level. If or when the project's mail list configuration stabilizes, we can either go back to the old way or ask for a consensus.

Agree 100%.  Let's just try to hang low for a while and be patient.  Seems
Bob is doing his best.

I'm waiting for the repair guy like you.

One thing I didn't understand is, are "nongnu" and "Savannah" different
entities?

Savannah refers to both the site on which the project is hosted, and the software managing projects on that site. It has two parts, savannah.gnu.org (for packages that are part of the GNU project) and savannah.nongnu.org (for those that aren't.) When I first set up a mail list for lynx-dev at Savannah, issues related to their recovery from a major security incident prevented it from being set up automatically or even semi-automatically. Savannah's admins asked the gnu.org mail admins to set up the list manually. They did, but they did so as if Lynx was a GNU project. One of the support requests filed after list creation brought the list to the mail admins' attention. They rightfully objected that it was mis-filed. They tried to fix this, but the address@hidden config was not valid so e-mail bounces. I surmise that larger security integration and mail list performance issues have pushed our problems lower on the must fix list.

Bob