Re: [Lynx-dev] Accept types (www.facespan.com)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Accept types (www.facespan.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 09:02:32 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, David Woolley wrote:

> > Pagespeed system sends out compressed pages. Lynx refuses to display
> > these pages, and instead prompts to download.
>
> Lynx can handle compressed pages, assuming it is properly installed.
> I think your web site may be failing to set the Content-Encoding: header
> properly.
That seems to be the case.  The lines from Lynx.trace with "Content" are

HTMIME: PICKED UP Content-Encoding: 'gzip'
HTMIME: PICKED UP Content-Length: '3396'
HTMIME: PICKED UP Content-Type: 'text/vnd.wap.wml; charset=iso-8859-1'
HTMIME: Extended MIME Content-Type is text/vnd.wap.wml;charset=iso-8859-1
HTMIME: MIME Content-Type is 'text/vnd.wap.wml',
User message: Content-type: application/x-gzip

There's no HTML on that page (wml is a proprietary extension for
wireless).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net