Re: [Lynx-dev] progress/status

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] progress/status
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 15:49:11 +0000 (UTC)

address@hidden dixit:

>Does this screenshot mean that dev.6 will be able to show euc-jp
>(or Shift_JIS) page correctly on UTF-8 terminal?

I hope for that, too.

There's just a problem:

strlen(s) != number_of_characters_in(s) != width_of(s)

And for the latter two, there is NO function in the
C library, and there are certain operating systems
which are NOT "locale" aware but pass the 8bit characters
"as is" (meaning, uxterm works fine, but there is no
such thing as a "wide char" or something).

>If yes, Great!  Thanks for your effort!

I'm waiting for that, too. Other than that, I admire
your work ;-)
(we're using libcdk now in MirOS, too.)

bye,
//mirabile