Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] won't render as it thinks it is not text/html
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 09:12:13 -0400 (EDT)

  http://www1.pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp/~kohda/debian/experiment/

> so you can test it in normal Debian's way.

hmm - "normal" for me is to mainly use dselect, and occasionally some
special apt-get command.  I'll see how to install this.

> > btw - the page appears to be ASCII -
>
> yes, it looks so.

And an alignment problem there is surprising.  The changes that I made for
adjusting link-position were to allow for multicolumn characters earlier
on the same line.  (Of course, in changing things, I could have also added
a bug - but for an ASCII page such as this, I'd expect our results to be
the same).

> >    [INLINE]   Free/Libre and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics:
> >    GIS-GRASS Users Conference
> >    Presented by FOSS/GRASS 2004 International Organizing Committee
>
> The problem I mentioned above is that these lines looked
>
>     Presented by FOFOSS/GRASS 2004 International Organizing Committee
>                  ^^
> on kterm with normal settings.

odd - it looks normal to me (checking with kterm, and setting display
charset to EUC-JP).  I put two screenshots (of the options menu, because I
can see the effect of the display charset there)  in

        ftp://invisible-island.net/temp

to show the effect of the display charset:

        lynx-iso8859-1.png
        lynx-eucjp.png

If the display charset doesn't match, then lynx and ncurses will not agree
on the width of strings written to the display.  And as I noted, there
may be places in the code which I have not yet discovered that must be
modified to work properly.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net