Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] how to maximize client area???
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:36:04 +0000 (GMT)

> Javascript is pretty harmless, imho.  Java applets can be a bit scary.
> I trust Sun more than M$, so I've installed Sun's free Java Runtime

Apart from cross-site scripting attacks, it would be relatively
harmless if there were no "marked safe for scripting" ActiveX controls.
However there are many such controls incorrectly marked safe for scripting
with the result that scripting is a pre-requesite for exploiting a
large proportion of Windows vulnerabilities.