[Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)

From: Bryan Henderson
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Color in an Emacs terminal emulator (eterm)
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 22:44:15 +0000

Is it possible for Lynx running in a Emacs terminal emulator to use color?

With a recent update to emacs such that the terminal emulator itself can
do color, I found that Lynx was unusable because it displays many elements
as black on black.  Even for the elements it displays visibly, it appears
to ignore my lss file.  I get white and yellow.

Other programs in the Emacs terminal emulator use color just fine.
TERM is 'eterm' and I can display any color using 'tput setaf'.

The same Lynx works fine in a Linux console terminal with TERM=linux.

I can still run 'lynx -nocolor' in the Emacs terminal emulator with normal
behavior.

This is Lynx 2.8.5dev.8

--
Bryan Henderson                                    Phone 408-621-2000
San Jose, California