[Lynx-dev] Re: lynx2.8.6dev.14

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Re: lynx2.8.6dev.14
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:16:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Fr?d?ric L. W. Meunier wrote:

Sorry, I reported the wrong thing. I was able to recover an install from August 29 which used one of your temp patches, along with all files, and it used the same bright-blue.lss.

The difference with the final 2.8.6dev.14 is the following:

Old: http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2140/lynx3ir.png

New: http://img368.imageshack.us/img368/6872/lynx7mm.png

Notice the use of the black background for links.

no, that was not intended: the dev.12 change is all that came to mind.
While it is possible that in the dev.12 change I may have introduced
an error, the intent there was to replace the "default" color with
black - which is unlikely to have the effect I see in your example.

So if we're only talking about the dev.14 changes, the only one that
seems to apply is

* correct logic in lynx_default_colors() so the color-style configuration does
  not attempt to use default colors on a terminal which does not support it
  (report by Bryan Henderson) -TD

Are these pictures generated for unix (ncurses) or win32 (pdcurses)?

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net