Re: compression (was Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem with mobil.t-online.de)

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: compression (was Re: [Lynx-dev] Problem with mobil.t-online.de)
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 08:06:29 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Thorsten Glaser wrote:

Thomas Dickey dixit:

"compress" is supposed to be handled by an external program, while
the others all have built-in support.  I didn't have "compress"
installed on my home machine, but see that there is a "ncompress"
package

Ow ;)

Want me to hack it up for lynx? I'll use
http://mirbsd.mirsolutions.de/cvs.cgi/src/usr.bin/compress/zopen.c?rev=HEAD
as a basis (I did that for XFree86 as well, while x.org removed
support for compressed fonts from their Xlib), which is GPL compatible.

iirc, libz is supposed to be able to do uncompress (perhaps with some option - I don't recall that). It would be useful to have that, though
the bug that I'm interested in at the moment is whether the external
uncompress is working properly.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net