Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.18 build fails

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.18 build fails
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 06:16:02 -0400

On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 11:42:19AM +0900, Henry Nelson wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:58:33PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > Thomas Dickey dixit:
>
> Tom, did you send a reply to the list?  I didn't receive it if you did.

yes - I see my reply on both of the hosts that I'm subscribed to.
The only odd thing I notice about the mailing list is that I get TG's
email _here_ (radix.net).  But I have to mark them approved in the
admin page before they'll go to his.com

Perhaps you'll receive this mail if I send from radix.net

> > Looks to me like
> >
> > * GNU libintl: #define printf libintl_printf
> > * slang.h: void somefunction(const char *, ...) __attribute__((printf (1,
> > 2)));
>
> Should I talk to the gettext (function name), slang (reference to slang.h)
> or libiconv (interaction with --with-libiconv-prefix configure option) people
> to get this fixed?

I suspect they'll both disclaim it.  lynx doesn't need (_few_ applications
need) the libintl_printf, so you could simply add to slang an #undef for
printf.  Or you could put parentheses around slang's use of printf (though
the real problem is in libintl).

> I should mention that I link mutt, with no such errors, to the same three
> libraries that seem to be involved: lslang, liconv, lintl.

perhaps mutt is including slang.h before intl.h
(or there could be an ifdef in the way).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net