Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 06:37:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, address@hidden wrote:

In a recent note, Thomas Dickey said:

Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:57:02 -0400

Subject: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.6dev.19

The Info page seems to say "lynx2.8.6pre.1".

* add configure options --with-cfg-file and --with-lss-file to allow one to
  specify the names and paths of the default configuration and color-style
  files -TD

Through dev.18, if I supplied "configure" with only the path
"--prefix=/proj/sweng/local", I got in lynx_cfg.h:

   #define LYNX_CFG_FILE "/proj/sweng/local/lib/lynx.cfg"         /*
$libdir/lynx.cfg */

....  Now, in dev.19 (or is it pre.1?) I get:

   #define LYNX_CFG_FILE "/usr/local/lib/lynx.cfg"              /*
$libdir/lynx.cfg */

Is it the intent of the change that the location of lynx.cfg no
longer defaults to --prefix/lib, and I must supply --with-cfg-file
and --with-lss-file to install in a private directory?

no - the intent of the change was to allow one to suppress the value (not to change the default). I'll revisit this (getting the prefix merged in properly is not straightforward, and iirc I used a macro that was supposed to handle this ;-)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net