Re: [Lynx-dev] enable color style in windows version

From: Lawrence Armstrong
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] enable color style in windows version
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 23:48:57 -0400

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Dickey" <address@hidden>
To: "Lawrence Armstrong" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 5:59 AM

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 10:56:38PM -0400, Lawrence Armstrong wrote:
I have compiled Lynx 2.8.6 dev 18 with Visual C++ 6.0 and pdcurses 2.6. I have gotten everything set up like I wanted and working, but the one thing that didn't take effect in my Lynx batch file is my custom style sheet. From what I've read, you must enable color style by running the configure script.
Since I'm not using Cygwin to compile this, I have no way of running this
script.  Can I enable this any other way?  Just out of curiousity, is it
possible to write a batch file in the Windows command line (DOS box) that
will duplicate the configure script? Or is bash just way to functional to be converted to a DOS batch file. I haven't looked at the text of the configure
script yet.

For visual C++, I use makefile.msc (make-msc.bat), and using a batch file
to override settings in makefile.msc, I produce versions using color-style,
no color style, winsock 1 and 2, pdcurses and slang...

--

I have compiled Lynx 2.8.6dev.18 with PDCurses 2.6 with color_style enabled.
My style sheets now work! I'm sad to report that, like 2.8.5, when bringing up an external program such as system editor after you exit the editor and return to Lynx, the style sheet turns to black background with gray text. This makes it impossible to see where you are in the document because there is no highlighting. However, compiling without color_style enabled allows you to use external programs without the style sheet disappearing. I guess I'm stuck

-Lawrence