RE: [Lynx-dev] Lynx hangs

From: Larson, Timothy E.
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] Lynx hangs
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:42:04 -0500

George Sigletos wrote:
> I used version "Lynx Version 2.8.5rel.1 (04 Feb 2004)"
> but other colleagues of mine, reported the same problem on the same
> page, using newer version of lynx.
>
> Please find attached my customized "lynx.cfg", but i also had the same
> problem using the default /etc/lynx.cfg. Thank you

I saw this recently, also, building the older version (2.8.4 and 2.8.5)
on one of my older machines.  (Couldn't get 2.8.6 to build.)  But
apparently only when I supplied a URL on the command line - if I just
used "lynx" I could get the default page, and then enter URLs with G or
g.

I had other issues with Lynx on that machine (I see part of the ANSI
code printed wherever RV or UL should start - maybe an issue with
misunderstanding termcaps, I don't know much about that), so I assumed
it was something about that system.  Maybe not.

Tim
--
Tim Larson
InterCall, a subsidiary of West Corporation