Re: [Lynx-dev] Usnatch - or how to view YouTube clips using Lynx and/or

From: YP
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Usnatch - or how to view YouTube clips using Lynx and/or the console!
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:46:18 +0200

Hello Dallas:

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 01:43:24PM -0700, Dallas wrote:
> I seem to recall having problems playing the .flv files
> if they were not completely downloaded, but that may just
> be my computer being too wimpy.
> I'll add something like a '-d' (for 'direct play') option ASAP.
> Thanks for the feed back.

Maybe when adding this feature do not forget to provide a little bit of
cache for the mplayer: for ex. -cache 128
since streaming isn't fluent all over the world and it's IMHO better to
watch a full downloaded video without breaks than a stream which pauses each
x seconds.
Giving a cache param is probably the right compromise?

GreetinX

Y P