Re: [Lynx-dev] A saving problem

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] A saving problem
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:44:26 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, Riku Virtanen wrote:

Hi!

I'm using Debian and lynx 2.8.7dev.4 which is the newest lynx-cur package.
With this version, when I choose link with Word document, it doesn't do
anything. When I choose rtf, it "opens" the file. The right function would
be that Lynx would offer Download or Cancel-buttons, but now Lynx doesn't
do that, why?

It depends on the mime-types and mailcap settings. The behavior is defined in the system ("global") files.

See the discussion of GLOBAL_EXTENSION_MAP and PERSONAL_EXTENSION_MAP
in lynx.cfg (also GLOBAL_MAILCAP and PERSONAL_MAILCAP).

In Windows and Lynx 2.8.6, Word and rtf-files are not problem, Lynx offers
a download option for them, not try to open them.

...it could, if you wanted

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net