Re: [Lynx-dev] Saving Viewed Source Loses Spaces

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Saving Viewed Source Loses Spaces
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 19:08:32 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, Mike Knight wrote:

Solution:  My solution was to add a check for source mode shortly after
the original string length is determined.  If in source mode, just
return the original length and skip all trim operations.
The added code is:  if (HTisDocumentSource) return result;
Attached is a patch file created using the 2.8.7dev.8 code and
this command:  LC_ALL=C TZ=UTC0 diff -Naur (Original_dir) (Patched_dir)

thanks - I'll try to test it (as you notice, the logic there is messy ;-)

Caveat:  I tested the "Save to a local file", "Print to the screen", and
"View formatted" Printing Options, but didn't test "Mail the file" or
"Print out on a printer attached ...".  My change might break something I
didn't test.  The problem might also show up with things viewed in normal
(non-source) mode, so the test for HTisDocumentSource wouldn't fix them,
but I didn't find any.  There also might be a more elegant solution that
I didn't find.

    Mike Knight, just a user

--
Thomas E. Dickey