Re: [Lynx-dev] SSL known_certs?

From: hsv
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] SSL known_certs?
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 13:50:30 -0400

DOS and VMS of course will differ… I think I'll jjust use the
  existing code for locating the 'lynxrc' dotfile
<<<<<<<<
I use the name "lynx.rc" for DOS under Windows--but note that under Windows
that uses the NT filesystem, leading dot is allowed, and the permissions,
as with Unix & VMS, greatly differ from the original DOS s. If your "/.etc"
is to be shared, it is needful to take that into account. For all I know,
there is somehow an equivalent to Unix s set-userid service.

Natheless the variant that I use was made by Doug Kaufman or Wayne Buttles,
for DOS or Windows of the original filesystem, aside from name-restrictions--
backwards compatibility.