Re: [Lynx-dev] someone needs Lynx binary in 3 parts

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] someone needs Lynx binary in 3 parts
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 19:35:47 +0000 (UTC)

Philip Webb dixit:

>It looks to me as if his problem is limited file size when he downloads:
>if he tries himself or if I send it to him, it's too big to get through.
>He suggests splitting the .zip file into  3  parts,
>which he can recombine in his M$ Windows machine.

I sent him my 2.8.4 version (which I had there) as .ZIP since it
was small enough to not require splitting.

Better that than nothing. (I also tried to write in spanish, de-
spite it not being good, since his second (quoted by you) letter
is so obviously machine-translated.)

I don't know if WinRAR can handle split ZIPs, but I know one can
create split RAR files with it. There's also a shareware (30 days
free, then gotta pay) Linux statically linked binary of rar which
probably can create them (can't check right now, because on the box
I'm at I don't have the linux binary emulation compiled in the BSD
kernel, otherwise I had done that).

bye,,
//mirabilos
--
Yay for having to rewrite other people's Bash scripts because bash
suddenly stopped supporting the bash extensions they make use of