Re: [Lynx-dev] merge -dump and -source output?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] merge -dump and -source output?
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 19:59:04 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 15 Nov 2010, Greg Knittl wrote:

I think of this as similar to debug output from a compiler. In fact if
the Lynx -dump can output pointers to line numbers in the input file or
the source file then I could do my own merge. Perhaps there is already a
Lynx debug  parameter which will produce something like this. If not, I
understand that if I really want this I might have to write the function
myself.  Would you be willing to accept it as a valid feature request?
I.e. if I wrote it, would you integrate it into Lynx?  Do you think
there are better ways to skin this cat?

I'd probably integrate it (sounds as if the line-numbers approach is doable). Going much deeper than that would run into the problem that
lynx is parsing the input and putting the information into structures.
Offhand, that's how -source is implemented (printing the contents of
the structures).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net