RE: [Lynx-dev] support javascript in lynx

From: Larson, Timothy E.
Subject: RE: [Lynx-dev] support javascript in lynx
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:09:04 -0600

> not really.  lynx is organized much differently inside than would
> work
> with javascript.  The best that could be done would be to bolt-on
> some
> ad hoc support to handle a few cases.

I've occasionally wondered about a text-only/curses based implementation of
Gecko or WebKit, that would implement as much of JS as is possible given the
limitations of the medium. But it's more than I want to bite off at this time,
given that I'd be jumping in with virtually no background knowledge into any of
the things involved. Still, it would be pretty cool, in a geekish way.

Tim
--
Tim Larson
App Admin, Intercall Production Services