Re: [Lynx-dev] OS X Aborts lynx-2.8.8rel.2_1

From: LarryL
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] OS X Aborts lynx-2.8.8rel.2_1
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 09:22:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 27 Aug 2017 06:00:58 -0500, Thomas Dickey <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sat, Aug 26, 2017 at 11:47:05PM -0400, Hal.sz S.ndor wrote:
2017/08/26 23:07 ... LarryL:
>Looking up lynx.isc.org
>Unable to locate remote host lynx.isc.org.
>Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.
>
>lynx: Can't access startfile http://lynx.isc.org/

Well, if you mean lynx.isc.org, I cannot get it through Firefox,
either. On the other hand, I can get isc.org, but for lack of
certificate cannot get it through my old, old Lynx.

lynx.isc.org was only a redirect to lynx.invisible-island.net
since September 2015.  Earlier this year, we dropped the redirect.

Hi,
I plead ignorance where the lynx directory resides, to tweak settings on a mac.
Q: When lynx starts, how can I get it to show a blank page, rather than:
http://lynx.isc.org/
which causes lynx to abort and immediately return to CLI?
LL