Re: [Lynx-dev] Apparent bug in link handling

From: fluffy
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Apparent bug in link handling
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 12:52:58 -0700

> On Jun 16, 2018, at 12:36 PM, fluffy <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi, I recently redid my website, https://beesbuzz.biz/, and I used semantic
> markup with graceful degradation everywhere, and everything validates.
> However, the various category links (art, music, comics, etc.) on the front
> page are not navigable from Lynx (the latest version built from homebrew on
> macOS 10.13).

Apologies for the immediate self-reply. It seems that the issue is that Lynx
does not support the new HTML5 nesting rules, which allows what were formerly
block-level elements inside of what were formerly inline-level elements, since
HTML5 has now completely separated layout from presentation.

As a workaround I’ll probably end up changing those nested <div>s into <span>s
anyway since it’s more semantically-sound, but this is probably still something
that should be fixed at some point, since the HTML specification has changed in
this regard.

Thanks!