Re: [Lynx-dev] Why Do I Receive a Gateway Timeout on www.crisisgroup.org

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Why Do I Receive a Gateway Timeout on www.crisisgroup.org
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 22:41:21 -0400 (EDT)

Actually, no it does not.
The profile at the top of this page, the one which appears in lynx, when you remove the user header indicates the servers are rather simple, its dated 1999.
if you go to the site with lynx and get the 504 gateway error,
change the send user agent header and the site displays, oddly but it displays.
links uses a different approach to user agent headers.
when I researched the error, all information indicates it is a site thing not a you thing.
Kare