Re: [Lynx-dev] ot: slightly web host ideas?

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] ot: slightly web host ideas?
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 15:51:40 -0400 (EDT)

the sshdos client  I have does not have a -l option.
 i. do. not. have. Linux. on. my. desktop!

On Wed, 22 Aug 2018, Tim Chase wrote:

Since you can successfully SSH into your shellworld account, you
might use it as a relay to your work machine using the "-L" option to
SSH.  If you're trying to SSH into address@hidden:22 and can't, but
can reach address@hidden:2222, you might do something like

 $ ssh -p2222 -L 2345:example.com:22 address@hidden

in one window/session and then

 $ ssh -p 2345 address@hidden

This should allow SSH to relay your local port 2345 through your
shellworld.net machine.  I do something similar for some work
remote-desktop requirements and it's worked fairly well for me.

-tim