Re: [Lynx-dev] Does anyone use lynx?

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Does anyone use lynx?
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 11:51:09 -0400 (EDT)

Someone should educate that reporter about Lynx and its uses.
After all there are still many parts of the world where the broadband required to load major graphics is not available.
there is the safety and freedom from heavy graphic dependents too.
plus the ease of reading especially on small screen products.
Wonder if there is a NY times address for him?
What he might not realize is that even large news outlets manage their accessibility requirements, provide transcripts in environments that can use Lynx as a good test criteria.
I use it of course, several times a day every day.
I do not use it on my desktop directly only because there has not been a pure dos build in a while, although I would pay someone to compile it for me specifically.
Kare