Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx doesn't track use for most sites

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx doesn't track use for most sites
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 22:39:34 -0400 (EDT)

Let me illustrate a slight difference here, using the new Yorker.
If I am say reading a story at the Hollywood Reporter website, which at least from their e-mails of updates works fine in Lynx, and their own reporting links to a story at the New Yorker, I encounter no issues reading, nor am i asked to subscribe.
the offers are there yes, but I am not restricted here.
I have seen some places that restrict, but after a while they stop if they desire their reporting to show up in google news, the old google news I mean, headlines and the like.
 Just my experience though,
Karen