Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and login spam

From: David Niklas
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and login spam
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 23:42:54 -0400

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019 12:45:51 -0400
Halaasz Saandor <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2019/04/17 10:31 ... Jude DaShiell:
> > Mozilla is finally correcting an error with web pages that prompt
> > multiple times for visitors to log in.  What mozilla is doing is
> > allowing a maximum of two login prompts then suppressing any further
> > login prompts from web pages.  Does lynx already handle this and if
> > not, could lynx handle this in some future version?
>
> What is the error?

That the server should not repeatedly require the user to login;
especially if it is an infinite loop.

> The information is returned by the webbrowser but
> nonetheless the server repeats the request? That I never have seen.

You described it accurately, I have seen it. newegg.com has that problem,
just switch tor on, connect FF to tor and try to login to their site (or
was it browse a few pages? I don't recall.)
You're prompted to solve a ReCAPTCHA. This ReCAPTCHA is a recursive one.
You can solve it all day and still not get through.

I've not tried using lynx with tor yet; but it's dubious that tor users
are even given the option to solve a ReCAPTCHA on any site with any
config or proxy because lynx does not support JS.

Hope it helps,
David