Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colors

From: Arthur Alinovi
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx colors
Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 09:03:17 -0400

A quick thank you to Mr Dickey and Mr Bell for taking time to respond and offer their advice. I've now got my lynx colors set up as I want them.

On Wed, 08 May 2019, Thomas Dickey wrote:

On Tue, May 07, 2019 at 06:59:47PM -0400, Arthur Alinovi wrote:
I would like to set lynx to display only 2 colors - black text on a white
(or light grey) background. This is similar to how I have my terminal set up
(I use st from suckless.org).

In lynx.cfg I've experimented with assumed_colors and default_colors but
nothing seems to work. I've also tried the -nocolor switch but that give the
opposite of what I want.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advice.

man lynx:

      -lss=FILENAME
             specify   filename   containing  color-style  information.   The
             default is lynx.lss.  If you give an empty filename, Lynx uses a
             built-in  monochrome  scheme  which imitates the non-color-style
             configuration.