Re: [Lynx-dev] Send user-agent header setting

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Send user-agent header setting
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 18:22:30 +0100

On 11/08/2019 17:47, dan d. wrote:
Some web sites which otherwise deny entrance; will sometimes allow it if this
is offf.  I have found none which deny entrance if it is off.

Is it posssible to have a future version which allows an optional off option at
startup?

I think you are in an arms race. Any such change is only going to be effective if very few requests get made without a user agent. If it becomes more common, the filters will get changed. Arguably it is a bug in the user agent processing that it is getting through at the moment.