Re: [Lynx-dev] ..on SOCKS5 support

From: Mouse
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] ..on SOCKS5 support
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:31:25 -0400 (EDT)

> I have never encountered a system where short is longer than 16-bit,
> therefore i have used short.  Well, i seem to recall i might have
> heard of a system where short=int=32-bit, but this could be false
> memory or whatever.

I've similarly seen it said; specifically, I've read that some DSPs
have compilers where char, short, int, and long are all the same size,
32 bits, because that's the smallest unit the hardware works with.

I've never actually used such a compiler myself.  But then, I've never
used anything Cish on a DSP, so that means little.

\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML                address@hidden