Re: [Lynx-dev] Help

From: Travis Siegel
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Help
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 12:54:55 -0400 (EDT)

Downloading to a temporary file is how lynx has always done downloads. I don't know if there's a way to bypass that or not, but if that's truly what you want, why not use wget or curl? That's exactly what they were made for. You can even add them to the lynx.cfg file as support programs (I forget what lynx calls them), but it's used for things like playing music and decoding images and such. Just add wget or curl to the configuration with proper naming parameters, and you're all set. Then there would be no temporary files to deal with.
Note: I've not tried this, so your mileage may vary.
It's possible lynx will still make a temporary file before passing the file to the wget program, so you may still be out of luck in that regard.