Re: [Lynx-dev] access/download password-protected pages

From: Travis Siegel
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] access/download password-protected pages
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2020 13:18:51 -0400 (EDT)

You can add command line parameters to include the username and password if you're doing this with a script, but it's just as easy to do it interactively after you're already logged in. Just hit the p for print command, and lynx will allow you to save the page as a text file. I used to do this all the time, though I haven't in years, mostly because safari on mac, and chrome on windows do what I need. On linux, I tend to leave web browsing to other times when I have access to one of the other two oses, since there's such a huge number of sites lynx doesn't work with, because of the silly need for webmasters to complicate things with javascript.