Re: [Lynx-dev] Only load TLD (like NoScript)

From: David Woolley
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Only load TLD (like NoScript)
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 09:47:03 +0100

On 26/07/2022 12:37, Fresh Soil wrote:
Blocking non-TLD (top level domain)

I don't understand this, and Google doesn't seem to indicate Lynx using TLD or top level domain in unusual ways.

A browser that can only access top level domains would be useless, as no resources are stored at top level domain addresses. The best I can come up with is that this is about not trying different suffixes to a domain name that doesn't end in ".", but that is largely done by the resolver library, not by application programs (although it is possible that Lynx tries extra ones).