lyxblogger-users

Re: [Lyxblogger-users] LyxBlogger Installation Issue

From: Jack Desert
Subject: Re: [Lyxblogger-users] LyxBlogger Installation Issue
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 19:30:30 -0800

HI Paschall,

Nice to see another LyXBlogger user out there..

the first thing I notice is that you are calling

   > setup-no-elyxer.py

where you should be calling

  > python setup-no-elyxer.py install

So try that first. When I run this on my machine (linux), I get output like this:

address@hidden:~/downloads/LyXBlogger_0.42/INSTALL$sudo python setup-no-elyxer.py install
[sudo] password for jd:
running install
running build
running build_py
running install_lib
running install_egg_info
Removing /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/LyXBlogger-0.0.0.egg-info
Writing /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/LyXBlogger-0.0.0.egg-info

so it says it's installing into the /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/LyXBlogger-0.0.0.egg-info directory. I expect that on windows it should also tell you where it's installing.

Hopefully that will take care of it. Once installed, you can call LyXBlogger from the command line, like so:

  python -m lyxblogger <input_file>

Once you have LyXBlogger running from command line, then try it with LyX. (You can even start LyX from command line and then any errors thrown will show up in the console)

Let me know how that goes.

-Jack