m17n-list

Re: Request to add a new layout for Malayalam

From: Mike FABIAN
Subject: Re: Request to add a new layout for Malayalam
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2023 11:25:20 +0100

Ajith R <ajithramayyan@yahoo.co.in> さんはかきました:

> Dear Mike,
>
> Thanks for the merge request. I have accepted it.

Great, thank you! I’ll try to make a new m17n-db release next week with
your new input method.

> I have a few doubts regarding ibus -
>
> 1)  Does it support more than two levels?

What do you mean by "levels"?

> 2) Is there a way to allow users to select how a key behaves? For
> example, in my layout some keys whem pressed would give geminate form
> of a character. While I think it is is the best option, some users may
> want it to give the non geminate form. Is it possible to set user
> choices other than by modifying the mim file?

Ah, yes, it is possible to add options to the mim file.

Here is an example:

https://git.savannah.nongnu.org/cgit/m17n/m17n-db.git/tree/MIM/bn-national-jatiya.mim

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@redhat.com>